The decisions you make before starting a business are every bit as important as the decisions you make after the business is up and running—perhaps even more so. At the Law Offices of Martin T. Yarnell, we help entrepreneurs at start-up, exit, and every stage in between. We represent movie studios, lighting companies, investment companies, restaurants, service companies, retail stores, high-tech companies, and many other types of businesses.
Our services in this area include:
- Formation of limited liability companies, limited liability partnerships, S-corps, C-corps and family limited partnerships
- Drafting shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, operating agreements and buy-sell agreements
- Shareholder meetings and minutes to maintain your corporate shield and desired tax treatment
- Yearly reporting requirements
- Employment agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Amendments to articles of incorporation
- Business entity conversion
- Employee stock ownership plans (ESOP)
- Recapitalization of the business
- Business succession planning to transfer ownership of your business to the next generation
- Sales of businesses
- Business liquidation
Whatever issue your business faces, we are committed to guiding you every step of the way. In effect, we can serve as “in-house counsel,” and welcome the opportunity to work with your accountant, insurance agent and other professionals.
For more information, call 805-230-2930 to schedule a consultation with Westlake Village business planning attorney Martin T. Yarnell. We serve clients in Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village and throughout Ventura and Los Angeles Counties.